Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Quick Update

Heyall,

School has had me quite busy the last few days so I have to keep this one short and sweet.

I'd like to start off with another shout out to my awesome girlfriend Kasey with this photo of a daycare. (she loves kids)




Thats a great daycare..... wait a minute.... whats that spray paint... is that Graffiti?? I was very surprised that their daycare had not removed the spray paint. It must mean something good in Dutch!






Now before we go on I don't want to give the impression that the netherlands is a gang infested country. In fact Its quite the contrary, they are known for their very low crime rates. Graffiti is everywhere, as you saw in my earlier posts on the train. The reason it hasn't been erased on this school? I have to conclude that, for the most part, graffiti doesn't have a negative image here.


This next picture is a man whom I saw through the window of my apartment. His hair is funny.


These next two are taken from the fifth floor of my apartment building facing N/NE (click on them to enlarge)



The rest are taken off of my back porch (6th floor) facing S/SW


If you enlarge the photo and look closely you can see a flock of birds in the distance.


Sunset....





I believe this is the Rhine River in the distance... seen from my balcony. SWEET! (I still don't know the significance of the Rhine River but I've heard it used a lot)



This is what they call a "Dutch Intersection"




I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

All the best,

Brian

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy! Just thought I'd let you know that I made the first picture of the sunset you took as my desktop background! Thanks for the artwork!

    ReplyDelete