Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Weekend in Wageningen

Hi there,

This weekend was filled with laugher and exploration!

Saturday a group of exchange students and myself walked to a windmill close by. They still use it part time to grind flour! Here are the photos from our adventure





Like I mentioned before, everyone bikes! including the elderly!


You can purchase flour that was made at this very mill at a shop inside the windmill!





This photo is of me on the middle level of the windmill! The blades are so close!


The blades turn grinding stones


And out comes flour!


This friendly gentlemen has worked the mill since 1976!


He shared a lot of interesting facts and history about dutch windmills




Our next mission was to head to the farmers market!







I hope everyone enjoyed reading about my saturday! Now for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment